DATE: February, 2017
POSITION TITLE: Government Affairs Associate
REPORTS TO: Senior VP, Advocacy
DEPARTMENT: DMA Advocacy
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
DMA, the Data & Marketing Association, seeks a Government Affairs Associate to support the Advocacy team with day-to-day administration of its public policy, lobbying, PAC, and research initiatives at the federal, state, and international levels of government. Learn more about the DMA at www.thedma.org.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Research, write, and update issue briefs regularly, while creating and maintaining DMA Advocacy policy resource library.
- Coordinate and communicate DMA policy positions to a variety of internal and external audiences including blog posts, maintenance of DMA Advocacy website, and scheduling regular calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor federal agency, congressional, and state legislative activity and press relevant to the data-driven marketing industry.
- Support DMA lobbying efforts on Capitol Hill and other in-person meetings and events.
- Coordinate lobbying report and other required disclosure filings.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in public policy/government/political science; plus 1-3 years of experience working in a congressional, federal agency, state legislative, trade association, or similar office required. Education or background in data-driven marketing a plus.
- Superior writing, editing, research, interpersonal, and organizational ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and meet multiple tight deadlines while maintaining high standard of work.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, maintaining a positive and outgoing disposition.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, HTML conversion, and website maintenance.
Submit resume, one page writing sample, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE